Women’s Health is an expanded service of Peak Performance that is dedicated to specific needs of women. Our Women’s Health therapists have received extensive specialized training for evaluation and treatment of diagnoses that relate primarily to women.
- Pregnancy related complications
- GYN surgery
- Breast Prostheses
- Breast Cancer
- Pelvic floor dysfunction such as incontinence or prolapse
- Pain issues: painful intercourse,painful menstrual periods,vaginal,rectal or other types of pelvic pain
- Other predominant women’s health issues such as aging well and fibromyalgia
Peak Performance also has therapists that are certified to treat Lymphedema. To begin a physical therapy program, the therapist will first do an evaluation.
This includes documenting your history,current and past. The therapist will also evaluate the following, as appropriate for your needs.
- Range of motion and flexibility
- Movement patterns I coordination
- Function with daily activities (lifting,transfers,etc)
- Scar mobility
- Areas of muscle and tissue tenderness
The Women’s Health Program starts with a one-on-one evaluation to establish a program to meet each individual’s specific needs. The most effective treatment option is determined through cooperative efforts of the patient and therapist. Treatment options may include muscle re-education,manual therapy techniques and exercise programs. Our overall goal is to enhance each of our patient’s quality of life. Treatment options include:
- Therapeutic exercise to improve strength,mobility, and endurance
- Muscle re-education to help improve patterns of movement and body awareness such as postural alignment
- Self care strategies to provide education and understanding about your health problems and what you can do to help yourself for the present and the future
- Manual therapy to improve joint and soft tissue mobility and flexibility
- Therapeutic activities to problem solve difficult daily activities
- Modalities such as heat/ice,massage, electrical stimulation
When you need information and reassurance, we’re here for you. To learn more or to schedule a private/personal consultation call us at: (406) 542-0808